Tuesday 26 August 2014

More dolls....








Another couple of dolls to show you, again dressed in vintage fabrics, including antique linens, a vintage silk handkerchief and part of the bodice of a vintage baby dress. For those who might cringe at me cutting up these pieces, the hankie was badly stained and the baby's bodice very moth eaten.  I would avoid using something too precious, expensive or in too good a condition to cut into and besides it gives me pleasure to see these things put to a new use and enjoyed instead of them languishing in a drawer somewhere.....

3 comments:

Jayne said...

You have created two beautiful girls Christine. I love both outfits, the attention to detail is, as always stunning. I love the cream shrug, so sweet, wouldn't mind a full size version. I feel the same about pristine vintage textiles, I never cut into something perfect, only a hole, a tear, a fraying edge will tempt. x

Dana said...

Your ladies look like people I wish I knew. They are dressed with all the subtlety of color and refinement of technique that I have been admiring here for a while.

Marci said...

Exquisite!